Seek His Face

Seeking to be enthusiastic friends of Jesus, to allow Him to gaze into our eyes and to set our hearts on FIRE with His love, to be embraced by Him for who we are, created in His image and likeness.

07 May 2006

Drawn to the Writings and Prayers of the Mystics

There is something that draws me to the writings and prayers of the mystics. Something that seems to draw me close the the Divine. Below is a sample from St. Gertrude the Great of Helfta.
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, fountain of eternal life, Your Heart is a glowing furnace of Love. You are my refuge and my sanctuary. O my adorable and loving Savior, consume my heartwith the burning fire with which Yours is aflamed. Pour down on my soul those graces which flow from Your love. Let my heart be united with Yours. Let my will be conformed to Yours in all things. May Your Will be
the rule of all my desires and actions. Amen.

***
O, if my wish were granted that, with Jesus, the best beloved, you captured and bound me and treated me as your own heir! By consorting and discoursing with this divine hostage, from a sinner I would be made into a saint; from one useless into a true spiritual human being; from an enemy into a true friend of God; from one lukewarm into
someone truly thirsting for God; from one barren and unfruitful into one sprouting the perfection of all virtues and the holiness of all religion. There, my dear Jesus, may the bosom of your divine heart be my bond in such a way that, in the violence of living love, I may become your prisoner forever, indivisibly glued to you, living entirely for you and clinging to you so that for eternity, I may never be capable of being separated from you. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home