Seek His Face

Seeking to be enthusiastic friends of Jesus, to allow Him to gaze into our eyes and to set our hearts on FIRE with His love, to be embraced by Him for who we are, created in His image and likeness.

20 July 2006

Desire to Change .... Desire to Go Deeper


A priest that I email each week read over my notes that I jotted down during my retreat last month. I wanted him to give me what he thought God's overall message to me was.

"Go deeper!"

I think you are too weak to change your life from its addiction to work.
You have to want to change.
I don't know if you want to change.
Maybe a spiritual director could help you start to change the tide.
And you need outside help.

How much louder does the Lord have to speak in order to get my attention?
and yet, it is what I desire ....

so.... what's taking me so long to even get started?

ah..... routine, rut, no boundaries .....
can't do it alone, on my own will-power.
my desire, an outside person who cares, and the Lord.

I hope to get there --

Get moving!
Get silent!
Give the Lord some time with your heart!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello!

    Well every day i desire to change and 'go deeper' - thanks for reminding me to want that today,
    In Jesus,
    Maria Toth
    www.inhishands.co.uk

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Micki said…

    Just found your blog and couldn't help but hope that you found a little of what you were looking for and that you will soon be back to blogging.
    Blessings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home